Higher Education & Careers
St. Clement Danes provides high quality, individualised support and advice for all students about Further Education, Higher Education and Careers, with great success. Regularly, 80% of our Year 13 students gain places at University, with the vast majority of other students gaining entrance onto a chosen alternative, whether this be apprenticeships, employment or an alternative Higher Education pathway. Miss Ryan, Director of Sixth Form/Assistant Headteacher is the Careers Leader at St Clement Danes School and Mrs Payne is our Careers Coordinator.
Whilst the majority of students do choose to follow a university route, students in Year 11 or 13 who prefer to follow a route of employment, apprenticeship or further education are supported through the application process by the school’s Careers Team. Mrs Payne faciltates a range of interview opportunities in order to ensure students have access to a broad range of advice and guidance, including the use of an external careers advisor.
Every year group has access to a wide range of opportunities to engage with the world of work, as outlined in our Careers Programme below. Students are encouraged to use Unifrog to build their own skills portfolio and increase awareness of career pathways 从 the end of Year 7. 该re are a number of careers-focused sessions built into all year groups' Personal Development lessons in addition to some whole day events, work shadowing days, access to visiting speakers and individual guidance across a student's time in the school.
该 effectivness of the Careers Guidance provided to our students can be measured through destination information. Please click on the relevant link below for most recent government data regarding our school leavers.
Internal Server Error
该 server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Sixth Form students also have the following opportunities made available to them:
- A series of Personal Development sessions dedicated to post-SCD options and workplace topics and skills
- External speakers 从 a range of professional backgrounds
- Business Mentoring for selected students: 6-8 sessions with one of our Business mentors, professionals 从 a range of companies and institutions who come into school to provide advice and guidance about the world of work
- Work shadowing days for Year 12 students
- Morrisby profiling- psychometric testing for career aptitudes, with follow-up interviews (also made available to Year 11 students).
- Brand You Day - an opportunity for all of our Year 12 students engage with recruitment and interview processes.
该 Universities and Colleges 招生 Service (UCAS) is the centralised service that students will use to apply to university. For more background information about the process of applying to Higher Education, the easy to navigate site linked to below will have all the latest news and guidance provided by UCAS.